Management Support & Consulting
DFTC offers a variety of support and consulting services including but not limited to:
Commercial Loan Assistance
DFTC commercial lending assistance offers clients daily access to its seasoned commercial lending professionals via email, telephone, or video meetings to support the client’s commercial lending program. Think of us as being that seasoned commercial lending veteran on your team without the salary costs that accompany such experience. Whether you need help brainstorming through a deal, structuring a loan, creating a new loan product, or managing your Watchlist or troubled loans, you can simply contract with DFTC for a minimum of 6 hours per quarter and DFTC will be there to assist with your commercial lending needs.
Post Close Review
Review of client credit approval document, financial spreads, source documents (tax returns, credit reports, etc.) and fully executed loan documents to ensure the loan was underwritten and closed as approved.
Provide the requesting institution with an opinion of risk based on underwriting performed by a party other than DFTC. This is a checklist style review that can be completed with or without spreads.
Are you looking to create or start a Business Lending Credit Department?
Let DFTC help you and make your life easier. DFTC staff has experience in creating or enhancing the capabilities of new or existing Business Lending Departments.
DFTC can assist you to do the following:
- Establish underwriting guidelines as part of the overall strategy of your institution.
- Create customized loan presentations and loan reports for senior management.
- Design appropriate job descriptions for business lending positions.
- Implement risk rating system protocols for underwriting compliance with regulations.
- Assist with Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) calculations and overall portfolio monitoring.
- Develop Policies and Procedures Manuals.
- Pre-committee Review.
- Supervision of problem loan management process – watch memos, Modification reports, TDR memos.
- Write loan policy and procedures including updates.
- Working together with the Chief Credit Officer, Chief Financial Officer, or Senior Lender, DFTC can assist in performing an analysis of loan and lease losses, charge-offs, impairments, etc.
Let us Help You
More than 300 financial institutions have trusted us to strengthen their programs and services and improve their profitability. Talk to us to see how our services can meet your organization's needs.